Circumcision for Adults
Adult circumcision is performed here at the Gentle Procedures Clinic location in Richardson, Texas. No hospital visit or doctor’s referral is required.
Adult men come to our specialized circumcision clinic from all over the state of Texas, and beyond.
With our combination of local anesthetic, our quick surgical technique, and our use of skin glue, we provide what may be the most comfortable adult circumcision procedure available in the USA, or anywhere in the world.
The Adult Circumcision Procedure
Our clinic offers the advantage of being focused on circumcision procedures. Our internal processes are optimized to deliver the best possible care to men requiring a circumcision.
Dr. McAuliff uses a device that is similar to one that has long been used for infants. Because of the use of this device, the procedure results in:
- less bleeding (if any.)
- more rapid healing.
- greatly reduced chance of infection.
- minimal discomfort during the procedure.
- less cost to the patient.
- one visit for the consultation and the procedure.
- follow-up visits to ensure good outcome, then very little patient time.
- if pre-procedure complications such as phimosis exist, the procedure can help eliminate them.
The details here provide an overview of how your surgery will be performed and what to expect afterwards. You will receive detailed written instructions for post-surgery care as well as consult one-on-one with Doctor Tim McAuliff. All your questions and concerns will be addressed before you decide to get circumcised.
Click here for cost information.
Circumcision For Phimosis (Tight Foreskin)
Phimosis is a condition where the foreskin is too tight to be pulled back over the head of the penis (glans).
Phimosis is normal in babies and toddlers, but in older children, teens, and adults it may be the result of a skin condition that has caused scarring. It isn’t usually a problem unless it causes symptoms.
Phimosis may appear as a tight ring or “rubber band” of foreskin around the tip of the penis, preventing full retraction. Phimosis is divided into two forms: physiologic and pathologic.
Treatments for phimosis vary depending on the child and severity of phimosis. Treatments may include: gentle daily manual retraction, topical corticosteroid ointment application or circumcision.
In some cases where traditional treatments have proved unsuccessful, circumcision may be an option. Contact our office for consultation.
What’s it like getting circumcised as an adult?
Here is what will happen on the day of your procedure:
- After receiving local anesthetic to the genital area, the circumcision is performed in a completely painless manner.
- After the procedure, you will be asked to leave the clinic briefly, to eat lunch or get a cup of coffee, then return for a quick post-procedure check-up.
- Follow-up is required twice during the next week for dressing changes, etc.
- Somebody with sedentary work can return to their job within 48 hours. Surgery and follow-up visits are done in the comfort and privacy of our circumcision clinic.
- You will have access to Dr. McAuliff’s 24 hour phone to answer any concerns.
Our team is available after surgery as required to answer your questions and to react quickly in the unlikely event that there are any problems.
Dr. McAuliff will be reachable anytime in the days following your adult circumcision procedure. You will have his direct personal phone number.
Call Us to Book!